Frequently asked questions
Look up answers to frequently asked questions about rapid antigen tests or PCR tests, test results, and the testing process, here. Please contact your doctor regarding symptoms and other medical questions.
- We have 2 locations in Berlin, one in Uhlandstraße 181-183 in Charlottenburg and one in Auguststraße 20 in Mitte. We offer rapid antigen tests and PCR tests at both testing sites.
- The best way to stop the transmission of Covid-19, and protecting yourself and your loved ones, is regular testing and respecting social distancing guidelines. Therefore regular tests(Antigen + PCR ) are advisable – also in private and professional surroundings to ensure the safety of everyone. We use antigen tests approved by the ministry of health from brands such as Roche or Siemens. The PCR Laboratory tests are produced and evaluated in Germany. They comply with the regulations of international travel.
- Both rapid antigen tests and PCR tests are offered by us. The tests are performed by skilled medical staff. Antigen tests directly detect an infection with Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. They can be used to protect family members, friends, and colleagues. We use antigen tests approved by the ministry of health from brands such as Roche or Siemens. The PCR Laboratory tests are produced and evaluated in Germany. They comply with the regulations of international travel.
- The results of rapid antigen tests are sent to you by email within 30 minutes of performing the test. The laboratory PCR results are available online the next day (in 95% of cases) with an access code, if the test is performed before 5:30 pm on weekdays and 2 pm on weekends. The process is in compliance with DSGVO supports anonymous diagnosis. The result is made available digitally (as a PDF).
- To detect an infection with Coronavirus SARS-CoV-19, a sample from the mucous membranes (nasopharyngeal swab) of the airways is used. This swab is performed orally and nasally. Our experienced and skilled staff will ensure that your experience is comfortable and the test is performed quickly, but thoroughly.
- If an infection is probable, you are likely to be infectious and therefore a risk to others. Therefore it is mandatory, to immediately self-isolate and comply with the regulations elaborated by the RKI and health ministry. As the German Infektion Protection Act stipulates, a Covid-19 Infektion has to be reported to the health authorities (your local Gesundheitsamt). You can find the responsible health authorities for your area here: https://tools.rki.de/PLZTool/ A positive rapid antigen test result should be re-examined with an additional PCR test. In the of a positive result, you will receive further information.
- Generally, people aged 3 and above can be tested. Children under 14 years old have to be accompanied by a legal guardian. Minors aged 14 and above can be tested with a letter of consent signed by a legal guardian.
- The German health ministry hat laid out ist new Testing strategy. People entering the country from risk areas can be asked to provide an antigen or PCR test result upon entry by the local health authorities. This result can be provided on paper or digitally. Further informations are provided here: https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronatest.html?fbclid=IwAR08FrzeEuTOMxM8MrG6CWzMwWZLDo6zbTMjjdoXlCp2Cvwmfa80rYYfz-0
- Global travel rules vary significantly. Every country regulativ, what is required to enter. In many cases, antigen tests are accepted. PCR tests are accepted in most countries.
- The rapid antigen test costs 49,90€. You will Receive the result within 30 minutes of performing the test. The PCR test results are available the next day, if the test is performed before the last laboratory collection. The PCR test costs 99,90€. All common EC and credit cards are accepted (Visa, V Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express. Cash is accepted